Chalong Temple Phuket Taxi Service - Private Transfers
Wat Chalong, or Chalong Temple, designed at the beginning on 19th century, is that the largest and most visited Buddhist temple in Phuket.
Phuket Chalong Temple
Wat Chalong, or Chalong Temple, designed at the beginning on 19th century, is that the largest and most visited Buddhist temple in Phuket. is that the largest and most visited Buddhist temple in Phuket. Its real name is Wat Chaitararam, Locals and plenty of Thai tourists come to pray.
Of the many temples found on Phuket island, the Wat Chalong temple is the largest and most revered. The temple complex was built in its current location in 1837. Some remains of older structures have been found, however it is unknown exactly how old they are. The large grounds of Wat Chalong that is officially named Wat Chaitararam contains a viharn, a mondop, a ubosot, a chedi containing a secret relic, a sala and a crematorium.
Dress Code and Behaviour
As with all Buddhist temples, there is a strict dress code that has to always be followed.
- Shoes are never allowed within a temple, so be sure to depart yours outside with all the others.
- Women are needed to cover their shoulders and wear pants or skirts that stretch all the way down to their knees
- Certain level of respect is predicted, Speak in a quiet tone inside the temple and don’t touch the statues or other Buddhist relics.
Transfers Fee :
High lights :
- Stroll through Wat Chalong, Phuket's famous temple
- Visit Wat Chalong temple, home to a fragment of bone of the Lord Buddha
- Buddha temple in a peaceful locality
- Beautiful Architecture and interesting
- The Largest temple in Phuket